Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, November 26, 2010

White Challenge

When I found out that this weeks challenge was  a 'white' theme, I cringed.   I thought to myself, "What, no colorful ribbon and dp papers, is that possible to make a card without all the good stuff"?

When I finished this card the other night I was quite pleased with how it all turned out.  I decided to use Minty Wreath.

I didn't want to use the tradition red and green, so I went shades of and went with something  not so vivid. Good choice? I don't know, but I like it.
Stamped image using black memento ink and colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The wreath was cut out using a circle die, and I used the lacey circle die for the layer underneath.  I used my embossing folder called Seasons greetings for the square piece underneath the lacey circle. Putting the card together it looked kind of bare, so got out a bunch of my punches and started experimenting with them.  Didn't like the look of c/s  so dug out my heavier weight  vellum and tried that - much better!  So that's what I went with.
Popped the wreath up with dimensionals, added glitter to the wreath along with some white liquid pearls.  Finished it with a white satin bow.

This worked up fairly fast, I think I need to make some more of these for my Christmas cards this year!

If you want to see what the other babes did for this challenge hop over to
Bloggabella and check it out.

Since we are into the winter season, next weeks challenge is  "snow on a card".
Sounds easy peasy doesn't it?  Email Em your card by thursday night to be included in next weeks draw for some bella bucks!

Also, for all you peeps who love a great deal check this out, Emily is having a Black Friday/Thanksgiving sale:
for EVERY order OVER $50 you will receive 5 free stamps (we choose) included in your order!!  The retail value can be up to $50!  all for FREEEE! Sale lasts until Monday!!! Woohoo!!!

Have a good weekend everyone, and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

OMG Pauline this is gorgeous! Love the effect of the embossed background. Just beautiful. (Happy Friday!)

Ebru Vatansever said...

Wow girl, this card is amazing. It's so lovely all around, simple and elegant.

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! I got so busy sewing Christmas gifts this week I forgot to make mine!

Leslie said...

Beeeeeautiful! LOVE the vellum - it's a perfect touch.

Dana White said...

The vellum is stunning on this - smart girl using the velum

The Spotted Chick said...

Wow!! Pauline this is SO PRETTY!! The vellum is PERFECT! I would have never thought of that! Gotta get me one of those circle dies too! Love it!

paula tracy williamson said...

Just stunning Pauline! Another favorite holiday image...starlight mints remind me of my grandma and the perfect colors for the holiday! Love all that white...i LOVED this challenge!