Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Polly Packages

Hi!  It seems like forevah since I last posted a card- it's been such a busy week both at work and at home, but I managed to squeeze in a card last night - colored her all up after my Pickle class, and finished it on my lunch hour today.

I share with you today Polly Packages.  Now, not your traditional Christmas colors, but when I came across these papers from Memory Box Frost collection, hmmm just warmed my heart.  I love these colors.




As usual, I inked up Polly with black memento ink and stamped onto
Bella's bestest paper.  Coloring was done with prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol, except for the skin tones I used Copics. I then cut out the image with my rectangle s/binder, and left the die in place and sponged some light pink - versmagic pixie dust around the image.  The pink scallop was done with an EK Success border punch - this border is so dainty!  Finished off with some stitching, glitter and I used my clear glaze pen for the holly berries on her hat and the knot on the present.  Oh and how about that delicious ribbon!, it's not really that dark in real life, it's much softer.

And must not forget to mention that the layout I used was one that Lindabella did for our challenge back in Sept.  I love this layout, I'm sure I'll be using it again.

Well that's it for today, back tomorrow with my card for the Bellariffic challenge, oh can't wait to show you - she is so cute!

You still have to time submit your card to Emily tonight if you would like to play along.  The Challenge was 1,2,3 - one image, 2 papers, and 3 embellishments.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Christine L said...

Such a STUNNING card!
Christine x

paula tracy williamson said...

Got to see her in person...LOVE her, love her, lover her!!!!!