Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 8, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane...

No it's a reindeer! lol.  Okay just a bit of humor there. But first I want to share with you a picture of us Babes in Bellaland on saturday. We had such a great time, lots of laughs, shopping and getting lessons from Linda on coloring with Copics and Paula coloring with pencils.


Back row we have Cath, Dana, Linda and myself, front row - Em, Ebru and Paula. 

So let me show you today's card.  Here we have Reindeer Circle.  


 

As usual I colored with my prisma color pencils and blended with gamsol on
bella's bestest paper.  I cut him out freehand and cut a red circle and light turquoise circle scallop using my s/binder dies.  I layered this onto brown c/s cut with labels #3 die.  When I saw this Basic Grey Jovial paper with the reindeers on it, I thought how perfect would that go with this image.  I added some glitter to the berries, the star and the circles on the reindeers jacket.  Finished it off with some crystal dots and some yummy crinkled seam binding ribbon. A perfect match for this card.


Well since I'm on much lunch hour, it time to go back to work :(.  See you in a couple days with another post.

5 comments:

Dana White said...

Pauline this is so cute - as I told you on Saturday it's one of my favourite images! It was fantastic meeting you

Carla Murphy said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! I need a pencil lesson!!

Crafty Cath said...

You're right, the paper is perfect for this image and draws your eye across the card. Love the layout and I sooo need some of that crinkle ribbon. I've been searching for it everywhere to no avail. Had great fun on Saturday - wish we could do it more often!

Ebru Vatansever said...

It was truly a pleasure meeting you Pauline. Like Cath said if only we can do this more often !!!
Lovely card by the way and the paper does match perfectly with the image.

Hugs

paula tracy williamson said...

Man, this just wants to put me in the Christmas mood, you have so many cards done!! I need to get mine all stamped out. He is so cute and I love the layout too!