Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 22, 2010

Verve sketch, and a Car with a Tree on Top

Happy Monday (not!) I sure could of used another day off!  Why is it that weekends fly by but the work week does not? I did manage to get another card order off my list of things to do - so down to one more order- hope to get it done this week.

Today's card I'm using a cute image called Car with a tree on top.  I remember my childhood days when we use to go out to the tree farm to pick that perfect tree. Dad would tie the tree on the roof of the car just like in this image.

I came across a sketch from Verve from a while back and thought it would work perfectly.  So found some scrap pieces in my container and from there I chose my colors.

Image was stamped on bella's bestest paper with black memento ink and colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  Cut out image with my square s/binder die, and used my MFT die to cut the scallop brown border (sorry looks black in the picture).

I added some white flock along the roadway to look like snow, wasn't quite happy with they way it looked so added some glitter.  Also added some glitter to the star and clear glaze to the balls on the tree. Used a piece of  red ric rac topped with a turquoise button threaded with some brown/white   Jillibean soup twine.

Now don't forget about the challenge this friday. It's a WHITE card.  The only thing that has color is the image.  You have until thursday evening to email this over to Emily.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

4 comments:

Dana White said...

This is such a great image - I really must get it! We used to go and cut down our trees back in the day :) The shading and sparkle are perfect!

Crafty Cath said...

Pauline this is wonderful! I love all the layers of paper and the red ric rac with the button just pops. And yes, I did notice the coloring (which is awesome too) but the layout had me at first glance. Can you see the wheels turning in my head?

LindaH said...

is that a new die cut i see on there! LOL! LOVE the sketch...may have to use it!

paula tracy williamson said...

eeeks, this i finally bought...i think we bought at the same time. Saw way to many cute cards of Linda's and now we can do them too. So Dr. Seuss!! Love the colors Pauline!