Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Frosty

Hi everyone.  With the Christmas season fast approaching, I am in much need of cards to fill my orders.  Although last night I wasn't really in the mood to do wintery scenes since the weather this week has been beautiful - lots of warm sunshine- which is to continue until saturday.  But needless to say I pulled out Frosty. (sorry couldn't link him, because I can't find it on Em's website, but I know he is there somewhere because I bought him on saturday).

Now I can not take full credit for the card.  I was inspired by this card by Linda.


I stamped Frosty on bella's bestest paper and colored with my prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. For the background I used some of my new papers I got from Paper Pickle called Wintertime by Echo Park.  The whole line is yummy-licious!  I cut it out with my square s/binder, then used  my label #15 for the blue layer.  The red scrolls are from one of the fancy tag dies.  I cut the tag in half so I could use both ends of the tag.  Add lots of glitter to Frosty, also used my clear glaze pen to glaze his nose, and the ornaments on the tree as well as his buttons.  White flock was used for the brim of his hat and his pompom.  Ribbon would of been too much, so just added some small white pearls to the ends of the red scrolls.

There still is time for you to enter this weeks challenge.  It's very simple this week - anything Christmas/holiday related.  Now how easy is that!  Email your entry to Emily by thursday night to be included in the draw for some bella bucks!

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back on friday for my challenge card.  I have mine all done.. I'll give you a hint - it's a Mo image!

5 comments:

Dana White said...

It was so much fun watching you colour this image up - the card is fantastic!

Christine L said...

Fab card - love the effect those scrolls give!
Christine x

Crafty Cath said...

Great idea to cut the Nesties to frame your image. I bought them eons ago and have yet to put them on a card! Can I copy you too?

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Fabulous card.. this is a great image and have been thinking about getting it.... your colours for this card are so bright and happy... love it

paula tracy williamson said...

gosh, i love snowmen....i can not recall if I have this though...hmmm He sure is cute and i love all the glittah!