Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Birds on a Branch

Hi everyone, happy Saturday! I just love saturdays.  I get up nice and early( 6ish), turn on my computer, grab a cup of coffee (with hazelnut cream - mmmmm good) and browse through my google reader to see all the new postings.
Now today, I have a busy schedule - its called card making day.  I have a few card orders left and I must get them done this weekend, so that is my plan ( but then again things don't always go according to plan).  My son Mark is coming home today -he is in school in London, but comes home most saturdays - you know to get laundry done, and have a nice home cooked meal- things that Mom's do best!

So on to today's card.  I meant to post this on wednesday, and completely forgot, just too many other things on the go.  Here we have:
Merry Christmas branch with birdies!


I started with bella's bestest paper and stamped used black memento. Colored using my prismacolor and gamsol. (so can't wait until next weekend to pick up my Caran d'Ache pencils). Cut out the image with my long rectangle nesties, did some shading while the die was in place using Aloe vera versamagic ink. DP paper is from Kaisercraft - Belle collection - i think this was last years.
I also am using my new die from MFT.  I've wanted this die since it came out, so broke down and bought it a few weeks ago. The ribbon is dark burgundy, but looks black in the photo - that is a hard color to capture.  Added some glitter on the branches and on the words, along with a couple of diamond ice baubles.

Better keep this post short - must carry on with my card making day! see ya

5 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

Your weekend start sounds just like mine. I cherish the quiet time of the morning to get some creatin done before the household chores bog me down. Weekend days seem to fly so much faster than work days..go figure. Love your new die and layout to showcase this image. It reminds me of mornings watching the birdies out my craft room window. Ahhh...

CraftyViolet said...

Love your card. Where do you buy your dies? Is there a retail store nearby or do you have to order them from the States?

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

You sure know how to coordinate your papers and images......they ALWAYS work perfectly together!

Pauline said...

Vi- I ordered this die right from MFT - the spellbinder dies I usually just get at Paper Pickle.

paula tracy williamson said...

Love it! That die is pretty darn cool too!