Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 3, 2020

Sending sweet thoughts

Hello everyone, I hope you had a good weekend. 

Today I have another Valentine card to share.  Although, I guess you could use this for a 'thinking of you' or a birthday as well. 




I started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour paper.  I smooshed distress inks onto my craft mat, spritz with water and then laid my paper onto it, picked it up and heat set.  I continued to do this until I was happy with the outcome.

I then cut two of the heart frames and glued them together.  I kept some of the hearts to add back into the negative areas once the card was completed.

For the center heart, I cut the solid heart from aqua mist c/s, and then the leafy floral overlay from some valentine designer paper from Cosmo Cricket. The sentiment I used is actually a little verse from Ink to Paper.  I masked off the a portion of it, as I only wanted to use "sending you sweet thoughts', and stamped using black versafine.

Once everything was together, I placed a small amount of glue into the negative spots on the heart frame and added the hearts here and there.  I also added some sequins and a heart rhinestone.

I love how this turned out.  I might just have to make another one using different distress inks.

I appreciate your visit, have a fabulous day!

Supplies:
Stamps - Ink to Paper - Inside Greetings: Valentine
Die:  Papertrey Ink - Bold Borders - Love die, Memory Box - Cupid Heart, Serafina Heart
Paper - Tim Holtz distress watercolour, white, PTI - aqua mist, Cosmo Cricket DP
Ink - black versafine,  Distress Oxide - peacock feathers, salty ocean, cracked pistashio, twisted citron, picked raspberry, spice marmalade
Misc - sequins, heart gem, foam tape

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a super background for that pretty heart... I love how you put this together to create anther stunner! I hope you have a lovely week my friend

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how I love your watercolor background with all those pretty colors! Soft, but colorful. Great dies you used, and love the sequins here and there. I had to look closely to spot the heart rhinestone - cute! I weakened (what's new) and placed a die order, including a heart. They're good for any time of year, I think!

Stacy Morgan said...

What an awesome heart die cut. The colors behind the die are so pretty and spring like. Another great Valentine.