Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 10, 2020

Miss you


Today's card is super easy! I need to make more of these types in different colours with different sentiments.

I'm using Simon Says Stamps Stencil Peony.  The stencil measures 6x6, which comes in handy for a variety of card sizes. I taped my stencil down over my white c/s and applied distress oxide inks: bundled sage, mowed lawn, salty ocean, dusty concord using my life changing brushes. 



Once my peony's were completed I cut it down to fit onto my blue scallop layer.

The sentiment die is also from SSS.  I love that it comes with the sentiment and the shadow die, which in my case I cut the shadow from vellum and the words from the blue c/s.  ( I only had a couple of pieces left and don't have the wrapper, but I think it is SU Baja Breeze, not 100% sure though).

For finishing touches I added some clear sequins and a Nuvo water droplet gem.

Have a wonderful day! See you soon,

Pauline

4 comments:

Carla said...

Hey Pauline! Really like this. I didn't know you used stencils!! Love the simplicity of it and the soft muted colours. Cool sentiment die; love the font. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Your stenciling is so soft and pretty, it almost looks like it's under vellum. Love that! I've never had Baja Breeze, but it also looks like Blue Bayou which I still have a lot left. Used it with Soft Sky all the time. I'm looking at it now and thinking how popular this color is in home design currently. Your ink colors are perfect with it, and what a gorgeous stencil! I always love seeing what's in your crafting collection, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning!! Oh Pauline the colours so softly blended are dreamy! I LOVE this!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very soft and pretty. The colors are warm and inviting and the tiny scallop border is perfect.