Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, February 20, 2020

In Sympathy

I'm slowly getting my mojo back.  After making Valentine cards, I've just been in a creative mood.  I've seen so many beautiful cards lately that are water coloured, so thought I would try it again.  I get very intimated when water colouring, never seem to be happy with the outcome.  Maybe I worry about it to much and just need to go with the outcome. So with that said I just jumped in and water coloured an image.

I'm using a stamp from Hero Arts - Florals  CM260, and here is my card.


Embossed image with white EP, onto Canson 104lb. I used Prima paints to water colour - Pastel Dreams, Woodlands and Decadent Pie sets.

I trimmed down the image using an MFT stitched rectangle die, then layered it onto a soft pink c/s.  I embossed the sentiment (which comes with the set) onto some heavy vellum (PTI) with white EP, wrapped the ends around the layer.

Added some enamel dots to finish this off.


Thanks for visiting today.

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Okay, now you HAVE to love this, right, Pauline? I'd be thrilled if I'd watercolored this. I think you've got it down and I would love to see more! So gorgeous! This is a perfect image for just letting it go with the flow. Really outstanding! I'm glad to hear your mojo is coming back around. When I have too many other things going on my mojo takes a break. I haven't even tried this week as I've been soooooo busy with different things. Maybe this weekend...

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!! Oh my, your watercolouring is so pretty and so serene... Looking forward to seeing more of it. Have a beautiful weekend...