Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 17, 2020

Lots of love

Hello and Happy Monday.  I'm off work today as in Ontario we are celebrating Family Day. 

I have one more Valentine card to share, I hope you don't mind, as I know you're probably getting tired of seeing so many. 

I made this one for my co-worker.   When I showed her the cute little envelope stamp and die set from The Greetery, she asked if I could make her one for her husband.


All stamps and dies are from The Greetery. I used PTI ink - spring rain, and weathervane (second generation stamping) to create my background using various stamps.

Envelope was embossed with detail platinum embossing powder.  The liner of the envelope was stamped in weathervane, and the hearts were stamped in PTI - pure poppy. The little tag that has lots of love stamped on it, is just tucked inside the envelope as she wanted to write a message on the back, but the envelope itself is popped up on foam tape.

It was a quick card to create once I got going on it.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Wishing you a fabulous Monday!
I have a watercoloured card to share with you later this week. Stay tuned!

Pauline

Supplies:
Stamps and matching dies  - Pretty postmarks, Signed & Sealed, Signed & sealed with a kiss
dies -The Greetery - Postal Frame dies & Inside & out berry branch.
Ink - PTI - weathervane, pure poppy, spring rain, Versafine - black
Paper - SSS - Fog, PTI Smokey Shadow, Cougar White
Misc - enamel dots

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Family day? What a lovely idea! And what a beautiful card!! Oh my, I bet your co-worker was thrilled. Love the colours and the design!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute! The matching stamp frame for the main layer is perfect. That envelope is darling. I bet she loved this.

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty and fun card and so cleverly designed! The stamped background with the postage stamp edge is the perfect backdrop, and I love how you set the darling envelope onto the leaf die cut. Don't know if I would have thought of that, but making a mental note. This is just the cutest thing, Pauline, and I know your coworker loved it. Family Day is such a nice thing to celebrate. We should do that here. Looking forward to your upcoming watercolor!

rosereynolds524 said...

I absolutely love your card, Pauline. Masculine enough to be used for a guy card, but pretty enough to be for a lady!
I do have a question. Where can I find the words "tucked inside?"
Rose Reynolds