Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Fresh picked for You

Have I ever mentioned how much I love 'The Greetery" stamps and dies?  Every release just keeps on getting better and better!  Betsy is amazing!

My card today is using - Just Mason around stamps & die set, Botanicuts Pine Bough die, Summer sketches stamp and die set.



When I bought the summer sketches set last spring, I sat one afternoon and created a variety of these branches using different colours.  I have used a couple of them, the rest I just tucked away for a later time.  Well I pulled them out again, along with some pine bough and the mason jar.

The one thing I love about The Greetery is that most of the stamps are multiple stamping, which gives it a more realistic look.  The mason jar has 3 steps in creating this.  I used distress oxide pumice stone for the first layer, by sponging the ink onto the stamp rather than ink pad to stamp.  This gives it a softer look.  2nd layer was stamped using pumice stone again, this time I went ink pad  to stamp and then used my dauber sponge to even out the ink, then the last layer I used hickory smoke.  I then stamped the twine using rusty hinge.

The pine boughs were cut using white cardstock, then I applied ink to them using distress oxide, bundled sage, pine needles and peeled paint.

Background was done by adding distress oxide ink (more mustard, rusty hinge)  to my craft mat, spritzed and then pounced the canson water coloured paper into it, heat setting it between adding more colour.  I then sponged the edges using rusty hinge.  I also splattered the background using a couple of the colours.

The floral branches were done months ago, so not sure on the colours I used.

To finish off I added some gold sequins, added Nuvo glimmer to the floral branches, and popped up the mason jar.

Thank you for the visit.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You do such beautiful work with these stamps, it's no wonder you love them so much. This has all the warmth and color that I love so much. This jar is the most realistic ever. It made my day to see your post just before I sign off the computer for the day. Beautiful, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! It makes me sigh... I love the colours and the beautiful foliage and the jar... Oh my... so cleverly done!