Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 2, 2020

Snowy flight

Can you believe it that we are in March already?  Where did those 2 months go?  All I can say is that we are that much closer to spring! Last week we had some really bad winter weather, but this week and next we are above 0C, and looks like no snow, just some rain and sunshine!

Every year I have good intentions of starting my Christmas cards early, it never happens.  But a couple of weeks ago, when I was on a roll with my card making, I pulled out a Penny Black image and decided to start my Christmas cards!  So this is my first for 2020, I'm excited!!

Penny Black - Snowy flight.


I started by stamping the image onto some Neenah Desert Storm c/s using Antique Linen distress ink. I then pulled out my Polychromos pencils and coloured away.

Once coloured I splattered some white gouache, and then stamped a sentiment from  SSS - The Magic of Christmas using versafine vintage sepia.

To finish off I dotted some liquid glue along the branches and then poured Twinklets Diamond Dust onto it, to give it the snowy look on the branches.

Have yourself of wonderful day!

Pauline


4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

OMG!! I LOVE this Pauline... The robin is stunning! Beautiful card beautiful colouring and I am definitely going to pull out my pencil this year!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Pauline... I just came by from Ros's blog, where I saw your comment on the devastating conditions by you. I live near Lake Michigan, and people are losing their homes to high water here, too.

I'm so happy to have followed that link - your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Looks like we have a love of birds, and camera carrying husbands, in common, too!
=] Michele

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, Pauline, this is exquisitely beautiful! The closer I look, the better it gets. Every detail is amazing! Your pencil coloring on this paper is so soft and perfect. Clearly you have a birder's feel for birds and their habitats. What a treat to see this today!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh man... This little birdie is just the sweetest. The warm coloring of the pencils is awesome. Beautiful on every detail.