Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, March 20, 2020

Lucky charm

Hello! I hope everyone is doing okay during these scary times.  I have been working from home starting this week, which I am most grateful for.  I know there will be some trying times ahead of us for sure.

I meant to post this yesterday, but lost track of what day it was I guess.  So here I am today.  I should of posted this one earlier in the week as it is a St. Patrick day card, which was only a few days ago, so I guess I'm good.

I used a Power Poppy digital clover image for the focal point of my card.




Once coloured using Polychromos pencils and gamsol, I sponged some light blue ink onto it for some background shading.  I pulled out SSS stitched circle to cut it out, then layered it onto a piece of gold foil c/s.  I then layered it onto my decorative background using Joy Craft die - Square Frame.

To finish off I added some small tiny gold beads to the centers of the clover, some glitter to the flower, and die cut four clovers using gold foil c/s and Memory Box Lucky Charm die and placed them in the corners of the square frame die cut.

Well that's it for me today, I'm off today as well, already went out to pick up a few grocery items early before the stores got busy to avoid being close to anyone as much as possible.  As I am in that age group, and have Asthma, I need to be cautious.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, stay safe my friends! Hugs,

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is just pretty and sweet, Pauline! I think these clovers can be for any time of year, but we do tend to associate them with St. Patrick's Day. I simply love how you colored the image and then gently shaded the blue. I'll take green any day, probably because I'm such a fan of the outdoors. You used my favorite square die, too. Oh, and those itty bitty gold shamrocks in the corners -- too cute! I'm glad you're able to work from home. We batched up all our errands for the week and did them today -- the bare minimum, but some things needed to be done. Stay safe!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh just look at that pretty sparkly clover flower! What a beautiful card Pauline... So classy. Sending happy thoughts and cyber hugs

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty and that die cut base is wonderful accent. Glad you are able to work from home and you are staying healthy. Maybe some crafting time will help boost the spirit a bit. :-)