Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 30, 2020

Bliss

Hello! I happy to say I have a card to share with you today.  I finally got a little bit of my mojo back this weekend.

The weather the weekend was much warmer than normal, especially Sunday with temperatures in the high teens, and lots of sun, but today is much different! Gloomy and cold. Seeing the sun made me want to colour up something spring and floral.  I pulled out a Penny Black image called Bliss.





Image was stamped in black versafine, the I used copics to colour.  Colours are: G40, G43, G82, YG97, RV63, RV66, RV69, YR15.

I then used the Postal Frame die from The Greetery to cut it out.  I left the die in place and then sponged distress oxide bundled sage, spun sugar and seedless preserves around the image using my life changing brushes.

For the sentiment I used a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamps, ran it through my laminator using some purple foil.  I don't think you can see the purple foil on the writing but it is there. I then popped it up off the card using some foam tape

To finish I added some bling - pearl and some rhinestones from Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Crystal Collection. Also added some TH rock candy glitter to the purple buds. I then layered my card front onto some Bazzill - Cotton Candy c/s.

Thank you for stopping by.  Stay healthy, and stay creative!

Pauline


3 comments:

Maria said...

Your card is gorgeous! Beautiful flower and lovely soft background! Take care and stay safe!

Leslie Miller said...

The sun shone here today and it's amazing how energizing it is. Too much gloomy weather can make a person sluggish. What a beautiful breath of spring your card is! Such a pretty stamp and a lovely blended background which you did so perfectly. I hope you'll keep that mojo going. These days are all upside down!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I wish I could paint that pretty flower... your card is stunning Pauline... I just love how you create such soft backgrounds and then your Copic coloured flower beautifully done, takes center stage. Enjoy your day and stay well...