Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 16, 2020

Spring wishes

Well hopefully Spring is just around the corner.  This weekend was a bit warmer, sunny which is always good to see.  I took a peek at this weeks forecast and looks like sunny skies with a trace of rain with temps between 45-50F (7-10C) and then falls to 32F (0C) on the weekend, but still no snow.

I had a chance to play around on Saturday, with some dies from The Greetery.  I finished another Easter Card, using the Botanicuts Lily and Bontanicuts Palm dies.


No stamping at all except for the sentiment, (PTI - Spring Hills)  all other pieces were die cuts.  For the Botanicuts Lily's, I cut it from 100lb white c/s, then applied distress oxide inks to colour them.  I used scattered straw, spun sugar, worn lipstick.  I then took a copic marker R21 and added some dots to the petals. for the leaves I sponged, twisted citron, peeled paint and a bit of mowed lawn.

For the palm leaves and sponged distress oxide inks - peeled paint, crushed olive, pine needles, faded jeans, and peacock feathers onto a piece of 100lb white c/s, then I spritzed with a bit of water and then I die cut the palms.

For the background I sponged some spun sugar and worn lipstick and a bit of scattered straw, then splattered some worn lipstick.  I used the Halfsies Diamond Die  to add some interest to the bottom part of the card.

Of course I needed to add some bling, so added a bit of sparkle using my Nuvo glimmer pen on the Lily's, then added some pearls and rhinestones.

I appreciate your visit.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is gorgeous Pauline... I just love how soft and feminine it is and so beautifully done... We have sunshine here today too... till cold though

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, this is one gorgeous card, Pauline! The softly sponged and speckled background is so lovely with the lilies and fronds, and the colors on the die cuts are really pretty. Love the just right bling. I'm totally smitten! What a beautiful start to the week!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I like the softness of the colors and those dies are awesome.