Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 12, 2020

A little sunshine

Hope your week is going well.  Today I'm sharing another watercoloured card I did a few weeks ago.

For this card I'm using MFT's Floral Focus set.  I started by embossing this onto some canson water colour 140lb paper with white embossing powder.



I used my Zig Clean colour makers to colour this. Once done I went to use my largest rectangle die to cut it out and realized that when I embossed the image I didn't place the stamp in the correct position. I kind of turned the image a bit on an angle, where I should I had it vertical, only because the water colour paper was cut down and I couldn't turn the die to make it work, so....... that's when I decided to cut a wood grain border using Hero Arts Wood Frame Infinity die, cut this out of kraft, then sponged some distress ink around the edges to darken it up.  I then laid the frame over my watercoloured piece, moving it around to get the best fit.  I was able to make it fit, except for one corner which really wasn't a corner, but it's hidden so no one sees it. and I went outside the box on the left side as well.  Geesh... sometimes you really have to improvise!

Long and short of it all, it turned out okay, I added some Nuvo glimmer pen to the flowers to add sparkle, added some sequins and rhinestones, and then also a sentiment.  The sentiment is from SSS, sentiment strips.

Thanks for your visit today, have a great day!

Paline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Mistakes are meant to be to turn your creation into something you wouldn't otherwise have thought of... This is fantastic and the colouring is beautiful! Love the way the flower and leaf fall over the frame. Have a great day!

Leslie Miller said...

I hate to say how many times I've had to improvise to correct an error, but you know it's true that many times it's just an opportunity to make something even better! I believe that may be the case here, although this would have been gorgeous no matter how you designed it. The flowers are utterly gorgeous! Such a cute stamp and your Zig coloring is exquisite! And yellow! It's my favorite. I really, really love this, Pauline!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Holy cow this is water coloring... You and Leslie both have the market on that technique. This is fantastic and that wood grain like frame is the best touch. Gorgeous!