Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 5, 2020

30 day colour challenge

I decided to play along in the 30 Day colour challenge by Kathy Racoosin.  Now I don't always have a chance to colour every day, but I think this might push me to be more creative more days than none, if you know what I mean.

I started on Sunday, and finished colouring this on Monday night. 

This is an image by Penny Black - flower embrace.



I started out by stamping the image onto so Strathmore mixed media paper vellum surface using antique linen distress ink.  I used my Kuretake paints and then highlighted with Polychromos pencils. 

Sentiment is also from Penny Black - Sprinkles and smiles set.

DP paper is by Craft Consortium - Watercolours.

To finish touches I added some mini prills to the center of the sunflower.  I was going to fill the entire center in, but thought it might be too much so just did the bottom portion of the center.  I also added some clear sequins and some twine.

Now, what am I going to colour next?

Thank you for stopping by, have a  fabulous weekend!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yay, Pauline! I did this last time, but I knew I'd never manage this month seeing as how I'm in some kind of coloring slump lately. My first thought was how absolutely beautiful this is! It's such a sweet and cheerful stamp. You do have some fabulous stamps and I love to see you use them. Your card is just so pretty!

Ros Crawford said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Pauline... LOVE the colouring and such a stunning card!