Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 9, 2020

Easter cards

Hello everyone.  I'm back today to share a couple of Easter cards I made for a friend's card order.

I don't have much in the way of Easter images, but when I saw the release last month from The Greetery, a couple of those jumped into my cart!

Betsy (the Greetery) put together an Easter kit which contains a stamp set, dies and stencils. I have used her kits before when they were released from Papertrey Ink and loved them.  Lots of details in her designs.


Started with  the 1st stencil which is the opening area where the die cuts (EASTER) will appear.  I sponged distress tumbled glass.  Next stencil is the leaves, which I used a bit of distress twisted citron and shabby shutters.  Next stencil is the flowers I sponged distress mustard seed.   Once that was done I used the co-coordinating stamps.    The first is the leaf detail - used distress mowed lawn, and then the top layer of the tulips I used distress worn lipstick.  Using worn lipstick on top of the mustard seed, kind of turned it orange, but still really pretty.  I then laid the tulip the stencil back on top and added some Nuvo glimmer paste.  Love how glittery this is once it dried.  I then left the letter die intact and centered them over the blue, then die cut.  I also cut a set of white letters.  I adhered a layer of white cardstock behind my card front, then dropped the white letters into the openings.  With the letter dies there is also a small flag end die cut for the set of sentiments which is included in the set.  I used the word 'greetings' stamped in black versafine, added some foam tape behind for dimension.  To finish off I added some pastel coloured pearls from Little Things - Lucy Cards, Crystal collection - Harmony


My second card was done the same way, just changed up the colours.  I went with distress antique linen for the area behind the letters. Once it was done I wished I went with either a bit darker colour or something completely different.  Not sure the antique linen does much for it.

For the leaves I used the same colours but used peeled paint for the leaf detail.  The tulips I used, worn lipstick and candied apple, and shaded lilac and wilted violet.  I used the die 'happy' which is also from The Greetery, die cut it a couple of times.  The top layer I sponged some wilted violet and worn lipstick. To finish off I added some crystal gems from Little Things from Lucy's cards Crystal Collection - Over the Rainbow. I know you can't see it in this picture because I added some Nuvo shimmer to the 'happy' and the tulips after I took the picture.  It was an after thought, but still pretty both ways.



I hope you are still with me after that long post.  I guess I didn't need to go in full detail, but wanted to explain all the layers of the stenciling.

I appreciate you stopping by for a visit.  Have a happy day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

OMG! I can see why they went into your cart... Both cards are so pretty and beautiful... Your friend must have been thrilled! Have a beautiful week my friend

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, wowie, WOW! These are sooooo gorgeous, Pauline! Your friend will LOVE these. I'm agog! The colors are beautiful, the flowers... I would have totally guessed they were all stamps, but how cool to have a stencil and stamp combo. I really enjoyed your post today. What a treat!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are springy and awesome. Love love the Easter lettering and the crisp white background lets your coloring stand out. Fantastic cards. I have yet to get Easter cards done. EEK!