Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Stronger Together

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well. Last week was hectic work wise (working o/t), hence that I didn't post.  I haven't made any cards last week either, but I did have this one that I made a couple of weeks ago for my BFF friend, (Happy Retirement Nancy!) and I couldn't post it until I knew she received it. 

My card today is using the stamp set from Simon Says Stamps called Stronger Together. 


Anything leaves, flowers, birds basically nature related I love.  I have see some beautiful samples out there using this set.

I started by stamping the image onto some white cougar 100lb c/s using distress linen.  To colour I used Polychromos pencils and blended with gamsol.  Once done I cut it out using MFT Inside & Out stitched round rectangle.

For the background I used some purple marbled c/s.  I tried matching the image up with some dp but it just seemed to busy and took away from the image.  I also cut a decorative edge (Aliexpress) from white cardstock.I adheared the two together then wrapped a piece of purple seam binding ribbon around it.

To finish off I added some soft pretty pearls from Lucy's Things and some crystal butterflies and clean baubles from Studio Katia..  And if I remember correctly I used my Nuvo clear glitter pen for the flowers.
I also added some foam tape behind the image for some dimension.

Well, that's it for me today.  I spend most of the day outside in the gardens, so nice to be able to get out there and do some yard work.  Temperatures were around 50, the sun felt so nice and warm.  Today, overcast and it is only 28F or -2C with the wind, quite a difference a day makes.  But.... I am going back outside to do some more, a little bit each day.

Wishing you a very happy day! Take care everyone, stay healthy!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Such a soft and lovely card this is, Pauline! We are the same in those things we love. Your coloring with pencils and Gamsol is so pretty, and the marbled background is perfect. I also love the decorative border. We finally have some sunshine today, but windy and cold. Tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer and less windy, so it's an outside day doing garden and yard work for us. The dogs will enjoy it, too!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my... This is stunning Pauline! I just love how you coloured that stamp and then the perfect Background... Your friend must have been thrilled! Glad you are getting warmer weather - Thank goodness we can retreat to the garden huh? Stay well and Happy Easter

Stacy Morgan said...

Another beautiful flower card. Those blooms look great and I like the lavendar shades.