Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, April 10, 2020

Fresh picked for you

I hope everyone is doing well.  I can't believe it's been a month since I've been working from home.

My mojo has not returned, but lucky for me I still have a few cards I have not shared with you yet.  My card today is one using products from one of my favourite stores The Greetery!



All the flowers and mason jar have been stamped weeks ago.  I took a few weekend afternoons and just stamped and die cut until I had an assortment to put to use later on.

For my background I sponged distress oxide inks in these colours:  scattered straw, spun sugar, worn lipstick, pumice stone and hickory smoke.  I then cut the paper to fit just inside the pierced edge of the postal frame die cut. The postal frame die is just short of being an A2 size and I wanted to make it longer so I die cut another piece and adhered it to the main piece by adding another couple of inches or so.  Hence the twine around it, to cover up the seam.

I then arrange different flowers and leaves to fill my mason jar.  The Mason jar is popped up with some fun foam.

I added some TH rock candy glitter to the centers of the flowers, some sequins and pearls.  I was really pleased on how this turned out.

Dies: The Greetery - Postal Frame, Fleur Impressions, Inside & Out berry branch, Just mason around, Oopsie Daisy
Stamps: The Greetery - Fleur Impressions, Just Mason Around, Oopsie Daisy, 
Inks: distress oxide for background and flowers, as well as polychomos pencils for highlights on the flowers


I wish everyone a very Happy Easter.  It won't be same without spending it with family, but we have to do to keep everyone safe and healthy.  I appreciate your time today to stop by for a visit.  I hope I inspired you today.

Till we meet again, stay well, keep being creative!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful, soft card! I'm in awe of your background and all the colors you mentioned, and this Mason jar is amazing. The highlights you added to the flowers with your pencils make all the difference. Really pretty, Pauline! I'm trying to get my coloring mojo back, but can't seem to settle. Simple things, playing around, but nothing serious. Weird times.

Ros Crawford said...

A stunner Pauline and such a joy to see... I love your colouring skill. Stay well, thinking about you.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh this is so springy feeling and fresh. I totally love the mason jar vase. Adorable idea and beautiful card.

Dot J Freel said...

So beautiful! Love the soft colors!