Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, April 20, 2020

Anniversary wishes

I hope everyone  is doing well.  It's been a week or more since I last posted.  Work has been extremely busy working from home, lots of overtime, which leaves no time for crafting.  And even if there were time, I can honestly say I've lost my mojo. 

Lucky for me I made this card back in the middle of March for my sister's anniversary.  I  didn't want to post it until she has received it, and she has.

All the flowers are stamps and dies from The Greetery.  Sentiment is from Verve.




All the flowers were stamped using Distress Oxide inks, as well as the sponged background.
I used MFT scallop rectangle, then I used SSS A2 thin frames to cut out the center.  Love this die as it has a very thin border that cuts, so I cut this again from gold mirri paper, and then placed it all back together.

Once the flowers were where I wanted them I lift them off using Press N Seal to hold it all together, then placed my card front in my Misti and stamped the sentiment using black versafine.

To finish off I added some pearls and rhinestones from Little Things from  Lucy's cards. I just love how this turned out.  I also made the exact same card for a friend instead using Happy Mothers Day for the sentiment.

Keep well everyone, wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Maria said...

What a gorgeous card! Super lovely with the pretty flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Okay... the Press n' Seal is brilliant. Maybe I've heard about this idea before, but have forgotten and, guess what... I'll probably forget again. Honestly, if I heard it before it didn't make sense until just now. Such an utterly gorgeous card, Pauline! I really like your colors on the flowers, particularly the two larger ones. A lovely arrangement. You know, some people are taking advantage of the stay at home to do more crafting and others are feeling a lack of mojo because of it. I think it would be hard to live and work and craft all in the same place.

Ros Crawford said...

We don't have press and seal here but I've seen that trick and wished we did many times! Your card is perfection and so beautiful! I'm sure your sister thought so too. I hope you find some time just to relax... Stay well and safe..

Stacy Morgan said...

Im sorry you are working so much, but that is always good for pay day's. :-) This is a colorful spray of flowers that look wonderful. I think it turned out beautiful! That scallop edge is awesome to match!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a gorgeous greeting! The colour palette sings with the upbeat spirit and energy of spring.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life