Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sending hugs


Hello!  I actually have a card to share with you today.  Since this whole pandemic started, I find it very hard to make cards.  Not sure what the whole reason is, but I actually forced myself to make a card last night. It was a struggle at first, but once I got into colouring I was good.

I'm using a stamp from Altenew called - Paint-a-flower Poppy.  I'm not very good at watercolouring for the most part, but over the last month I have watched various videos on you tube from some of the best to pick up some tips and tricks!




I embossed the image with white, and then watercoloured with distress oxide inks.  Smooshed various colours onto my TH glass mat and then watercoloured away. I really like the softness of the colours once they dry. I stamped one of the sentiments from the set using black versafine.

I used SSS A2 Thin Frames to cut it out, then layered it onto a soft green base.  Added some pearls, rhinestones, and glitter from Art Institute and voila!

Thank you for stopping by, keep well my friends.

Pauline


5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful and I'm so happy to see this today, Pauline! I'm glad you found the time and inclination to stamp. It's so easy to simply not do it. Your watercoloring is top notch, the stamp is gorgeous. Love the simple framing with this. I keep trying to keep my interest up, but I miss coloring really beautiful things. Can't seem to get with it. I'm off to the kitchen again now.

I Card Everyone said...

Pauline, the struggle is real for many of us! I adore this poppy, and your beautiful water coloring - I'm also finding it fun to learn online!
=]

Ros Crawford said...

It doesn't matter what you use, paints, Copics, Pencils... You are a natural and everything you make is so beautiful and so professional. I love this Pauline and I love the soft and beautiful colour palette...

Stacy Morgan said...

I disagree with you, your water coloring looks awesome! I like the embossing you did and your colors. Gorgeous!

claret clef family research said...

Nice poost