Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Dahlia


I have another water coloured card to share with you today.  This flower is from StudioLight item
 # STAMPJBS0 - Dahlia.

I started by white embossing it onto a piece of Canson 140lb water colour paper.



To colour, I smooshed several colours of distress oxide inks onto my craft mat, misted with water and then painted away.

For the background, well lets just say, how I envisioned it, isn't the way it turned out. But rather than keep adding more colours I left it as is, as I was afraid I would get it too muddy looking and not even use the image.

One it was completely dried, I cut it down to size.  I also cut a border using Memory Box Woodland Border using SU Fine Linen, and adhered it to the bottom of the front layer.  Second layer is dark purple, and the base is also SU Fine Linen.

For finishing touches I added some tiny iridescent butterflies from Studio Katia and added some shimmer using Nuvo glimmer gloss.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for stopping by. Till next time.......

Pauline


5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I do love dahlia's and this beautifully painted one speaks to my soul... Beautiful colours and so beautifully created

I Card Everyone said...

Pauline, one of the Michigan Dahlia Society holds their competition at the botanical gardens near us in Michigan. I was so impressed by the colors, and SIZE of some of them!
You've painted yours just beautifully!
=]
Now. The Warblers are coming through, so I'll have to go see if Bill has captured any!

Maria said...

Oh, such a lovely dahlia! The color is so pretty! And, love the extra touch with the pearls! Well done!!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, you know how I feel about watercolor and flowers, and this is one big gorgeous watercolored flower! I also love the dainty border along the bottom. Really, Pauline, you did a beautiful job on this including the background, even if it wasn't what was in your head. I'm so happy to see this today!

Stacy Morgan said...

The embossing is wonderful with the soft watercolor on the flowers. Very delicate and pretty.