Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Sympathy cards #1


Hello!  I'm back today to share a couple of cards.  I have a request from a friend for 6-8 sympathy cards.

My first card is using a stamp from Pinkfresh called Curvy Floral and also the matching die.  I stamped the floral using distress oxide inks.  For the background I used Border Bling: Chain die from Ink to Paper. I then sponged some distress oxide inks onto the white for a bit of colour.  Sentiment is from Penny Black, which is stamped in black versafine.  To finish this off I popped the floral up off the card and added pearls.









For my second card I'm using The Greetery products.  I started with the background  by stamping Sketchbook Roses onto a white panel using pumice stone distress oxide ink, then cut it out using an MFT  die. I also stamped the roses using black versafine onto another panel.  This stamp set is a multiple step stamping, so again I used oxide distress inks to add colour. I don't have the matching die for this set so I free hand cut it out.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped with grey versafine.  I kept this one flat and simple.



I've have another 2 almost done, will share those once completed.  Thanks for stopping by today.  

Pauline

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

They are beautiful Pauline!! Both so elegant and beautifully crafted. Your fussy cutting is brilliant! Have a good day and stay well.

Carla Murphy said...

These are both so pretty Pauline. Very elegant with gorgeous clean lines. I guess you HAVE heard of Pinkfresh (I just sent you an e-mail)! Love the rectangle die as well in the 2nd card. Beautiful!

Maria said...

Gorgeous sympathy cards! Both are very pretty and elegant!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Truly beautiful cards. They convey the somberness of hard times and the sense of a warm, compassionate hug for the recipients at the same time.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Leslie Miller said...

These are gorgeous, Pauline! My eyes are deceiving me because you say multi-stamping, but the second card totally looks like watercolor. Wow! I really love the sweetness of the first card. It's a beautiful stamp and the chain border is way cool. I'm so glad to see you stamping. The main focus at my house the last 3 days has been getting the hedge trimmed. Rich trims, I haul away the leaves. It's a huge job, but we finished it today. Now I can do a little crafting!