Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sympathy cards #2

I'm back today to share a couple of more Sympathy cards I'm making for a friend.

Both cards are using Simon Says Stamps stencil - Peony.

First card I used distress oxide inks -milled lavender, dusty concord, bundled sage & peeled paint.  I cut the border rectangle using MFT stitched framed rectangle, and my floral piece with MFT Stitched rectangle stax dies.  Sentiment is from SSS - Sketched flowers stamped in black versafine.  I added some silk ribbon, mulberry flower and some sequins.




For my second card, I used distress oxide inks - bundled sage, shabby shutters, scattered straw, fossilized amber and a touch of worn lipstick.  Sentiment is from Penny Black - sympathy sentiments, stamped in black versafine.  I used MFT - cross stitch rectangle to cut out the center then added some fun foam for dimension. To finish off some silk ribbon and pearls were added.




Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day! Keep well.

Pauline




4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! This settles it, I need some flower stencils. This one is especially beautiful. When I first saw your cards I figured it was white embossing on vellum with coloring on the back side, but this is kinda more amazing. So very soft and delicate. I'm not even sure which is my favorite, but feeling a little partial to the second card. I love how you designed each of them. Wow, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

They are stunning!! What a beautiful stencil - I love the designs, the colours, the ribbons... Everything is so perfect!

Julie said...

Your work is beautiful! Would you consider selling your Cruisabella stamp or do you have any friends who might? I have searched everywhere and can't locate one.

Pauline said...

Julie, can you email me with your address, and then we will go from there.
thanks.