Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, June 1, 2020

Homeward

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a good weekend, and are doing well.  Here we are, beginning of another month already, time is flying!

My card today is one that I actually made two of and then just changed up the sentiment.  This card is for my brother-in-laws birthday which is actually today!

I pulled out Penny Black's Homeward cling stamp.  I just love how fast these cards work up. Put it in your MISTI, ink it up and stamp, it's that easy!  I also used Canson 140lb watercolour paper.




For ink, I used Tombow markers, coloured the stamps and then spritzed and stamp.  Repeat process until you are happy with it.  With the stamp still in place in the MISTI, clean the stamp then add versamark to the rubber and stamp onto your image.  I repeated this twice to make sure I got a good impression.  I then pulled the image out of the MISTI, then added clear embossing powder, then heat set.

For the background shading, I used some Memento inks and my life changing brushes.

Sentiment - happy birthday is from Papertrey Ink stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink.

To finish off I added 2 enamel dots, picking up colours in the image.

The other card I made the same just added 'Father's Day', requested from my friend.

For great tutorial's on these types of stamps, hop over to You Tube and check out Penny Black's videos.

I appreciate your visit today.  Have a great day!

Pauline

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Pauline, I love that warm sunshine catching the tops of this magnificent tree! What a beautiful card for your brother in law!
=]

Maria said...

A gorgeous card with the beautiful tree! A wonderful scene! Your brother-in-law will love this card!

Ros Crawford said...

It looks absolutely wonderful! I bet your BIL was blown away with this.
Thank you so much for your encouraging comments... If you email me your address I would love to send you one of my painted note cards. Have a super day!

Leslie Miller said...

This is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in forever, Pauline! It just speaks to my soul. How I love to travel a country road. My Mom always said my Dad had wanderlust and I think I must have a touch of it, too. Home is still my favorite place to be, but I dearly love a road trip. I finally purchased a mini-MISTI, but I think I should have gotten a full size as the mini feels a bit crowded. The things you've done with your MISTI and PB stamps... sigh... breathtaking!