Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, June 5, 2020

Pure Prairie Bouquet

I hope everyone is having a good week. I've been busy at nights these past few weeks working on a card order for a friend.  Sometimes it's good to have an order to work on as it pushes you to make cards, where as if you have no orders, I seem to slide a bit, and then find it hard to get back at it.

So with that said, today I have a Birthday card I made for the order. I decided to colour up some of the digital images already printed off ages ago.  This one is from Power Poppy called - Pure Prairie Bouquet. I just love it, such a variety of flowers.



I used copics to colour, and used the pointillism technique for adding colour around the image.
After the image was trimmed down I added a couple of strips of gold peel-off's for some added interest.

Now you know you need some sparkle on the flowers, so I pulled out my container of Art Institute glitter. I have so much of this, and I hardly think to use it.  I used a couple of different colours on the flowers although the close up shot below, they all kind of look the same! Just love that sparkle!



A few gold sequins were added to finish this off.

I've also been busy going through my bird photography.  So many pictures to go through, but that's one good thing about a digital camera, you can delete the ones you don't want.  I should have some pictures to share with you soon.

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for your visit!

Pauline


2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I'm in awe of your colouring skills... this is stunning my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Looking at this in large size it just takes my breath away! Your coloring rocks and the glitter is super WOW! I have Art Institute glitter in a few colors and I never remember to use it. I'll have to make a point. I should be writing this stuff down. Hold on... doing it right now... Okay. Just an absolute delight, Pauline!