Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, June 12, 2020

Easy breezy coneflowers

I'm back today to share another card I made for my card order.  I have so many digital images already printed off, I need to start colouring them and making them into cards.

These cone flowers are from Power Poppy. I decided to colour these in purple tones using copic colours V91, V93, V95 and V99.



I pulled out some cardstock to try to match the purples.  Purple tones are the hardest to match, just so many variations of tones.  In real the background cardstock is pretty close to the flower colours, but it doesn't look that way in the picture.  It's funny sometimes how the camera see's colours in a different way. For the embossed background I used a die from Nellie's Choice called Square Drops A, for some added interest.

Anyway, designer paper is some older Basic Grey - Wisteria. I think I hoarded this paper pack because I love it so much, but time to change that! I also sponged some antique linen distress ink around the edges of the floral piece once I cut it out using MFT stitched rectangle.

The layer behind the flowers is cut using one of the Postal Frames from The Greetery.

To finish off I added a few tiny purple rhinestones and some gold coloured silk ribbon. I also added some loose glitter from Art Institute to the centers of the cone flowers.

Well that's it for me.  I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and have a fabulous weekend! Beautiful weekend here with temperatures in the mid to upper 60's and sunny! Perfect weather!

Take care my friends, hugs,

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, these coneflowers look so beautiful, Pauline! Surely I have this image... but can't remember, sheesh. Maybe as a clear stamp? Or is it sitting in my digi box? You know you have too much stuff when you can't remember. I had the Wisteria paper, too, and now can't remember if I still have some left. Again... too much stuff! At any rate, you colored your flowers perfectly and made a lovely card with the Wisteria paper in the background. It's an absolute fact that blues and purples are the most difficult colors to show accurately in a photograph. I love how you brought out the bit of gold (or mustard) in the paper with your pretty ribbon.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous! I love the colours, your choice of papers and bow. I know what you mean about the colours when you photograph them... why does that happen? Stay safe and well and enjoy your week