Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, June 8, 2020

Birding #2, 2020


So glad you were able to stop by today.  I do not have a card to share, but I have some of my photos that were taken April & May.  

Not a lot of explaining on these, so I will leave you to take a closer look at each but clicking on the picture.
These were all taken from the car window as we traveled the country roads.






The Blue-headed Vireo (below)  just happen to land in our backyard one day during spring migration.  Now that I have been working from home, it amazes me how many variety of birds actually stop on their way through. I was just lucky enough to see this guy stop for about 10 min then gone!


I hope you enjoyed these, I will have more in the coming days to share.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline




4 comments:

Kim said...

I am sitting outside, working from home, and just sent my husband a picture of a Brown Thrasher that was bathing in our little waterfall, and was thinking the exact same thing about how much I am missing by being at work. I am never going to want to go back. Your pictures are beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm in awe of how many beautiful pics you were able to get from your car window. Great camera, lens, and photographers! These are a special treat for me, Pauline, as the outdoors and nature mean so much to me. I'm just chomping at the bit to get out in the motorhome again. Thank you so much for these beautiful birds!

Ros Crawford said...

They are fabulous!! Did I spot a woodpecker? Ours here are so skittish and disappear before you can say camera!
You card is on it's way... I hope it arrives soon my friend. Enjoy your week

Sandy said...

You have taken some wonderful bird shots and I love everyone! I have quite a few feeders in my backyard and enjoy the birds a lot!
Sandy xx