Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 24, 2020

Hope your day is amazing


Hello everyone.  Hope you had a good weekend.  It was spring like weather here, lots of sun, breezy - a bit cold on Saturday, but yesterday was beautiful.  It won't last long as we are in for colder temperatures mid week with snow.

Today, I have another watercoloured image to share with you.

This is Peony Spray from Altenew, with matching die.



I stamped it with Intense Black from Simon Says Stamps, then water coloured using Prima Paints - Decandent Pies (guava meringue, apple and keylime) and also from the Woodlands set - foxberry and deep moss). Once coloured, I then took similar colours of my Polychromos pencils and added shading.

For the background I took Prima paints guava merinque and apple and water down quite a bit to make a wash using the same colours that is in the flower.  I heat set to dry, then splattered with ink.

I stamped the sentiment using Black Versafine - sentiment is from Altenew - Fresh Freesia set.

My card base is a peachy shimmer card stock.

To finish off, I added some sequins, and Nuvo shimmer to the flower for a bit of sparkle.

I hope you have an amazing day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're doing some amazing watercoloring, Pauline! Now I'm interested in the Prima paints. Hard to resist all those pretty colors! Your colors are beautiful and so is the big flower. Loving that shimmery peach cardstock and your watercolor background. Interesting how you did the shading with pencil. My mojo seems to have taken a flying leap, but I'm sure it will return someday. Too much other stuff going on.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!! I am really loving your watercolouring... You are so good! I love those paints too and have a couple of sets but of course I use the blue/ green ones more... Have a beautiful day!

Stacy Morgan said...

More water coloring... LOVE! This is a beautiful bloom and the splashes of color around the edge is perfect. Simply beautiful!