Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Sending hugs & love

Good day everyone! Well here we are almost another month gone by, and Valentines just around the corner. I still have a few more cards for an order I'm working on for a friend.

I was going through my dies and noticed this background die of hearts which has only been used a few times, so time to use it again.

I started by die cutting the heart die (Simon Says Stamps - stacked hearts)  twice and then glued together.  I sponged some distress oxide onto the background - candied apple & dried marigold, the spritzed with water, and also splattered some gold metallic spray.



I die cut the background using The Greetery - Nordic Frames using the largest die. I cut a heart from a PTI heart die from vellum, and the 'Sending' (Simon Says Stamps) from antique gold (cut twice and glued together).  The sentiment  (Simon Says Stamps - tiny words) on the heart was embossed using gold ep.

I used the stacking heart die to cut a few hearts from the antique gold paper and added them to 3 of the hearts.  Finished off with some clear sequins.

I appreciate your visit today.  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Such a lovely card! Beautiful blended background in soft colors! Love all the hearts, too!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, those colors and the vellum and gold... so soft and lovely! The heart die definitely needed to come out for another play. It's so pretty! Perfectly framed. Love the "sending" die, too. This Valentine would be good for anyone, not just a sweetheart. That's what I love about it. It's wonderful to see you today, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! I love the softness and the vellum heart... The arrow frame is just perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this one has a lot of white space with splash of color. Clever with the die cut and looks like its one. The border is a great touch, oh I like all of this too. You rock Valentines, why don't you make these more?? Silly they are awesome!