Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Little birdie - Love you

I'm back today to share another Valentines Card.  I just happened to be on the Etsy site - All Dressed Up to check out what was new in the digi world and came across a couple of images I just had to have.  One of the reasons I love All Dressed up digi's is that the outlines of the images are very fine.  I'm not a big fan of bold chunky outlines.


I love the whimsical look of this, and it was fun to colour!



As I was colouring this I had in my mind how I wanted the finished card to look.  Well that did happen. But nevertheless I still love it.

I used MFT stitched clouds to cut the top of the image.  The row of hearts along the bottom is a die from Papertrey Ink. The background was sponged using distress ink Salty Ocean. 

For finishing touches I added 3 enamel hearts from Doodlebug, and Nuvo clear  glitter pen to the flowers.

I appreciate your visit today.  Wishing your a wonderful weekend! (Today is my Friday as I am off tomorrow - yay 3 day weekend, gotta love it!)

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, I love this so much! As soon as I saw it in my Feedly thumbnail I knew I would love it, and sure enough. Wow! So sweet and pretty and beautifully colored. I'm an All Dressed Up fan and have a few new ones to color. I'm in agreement about the bold lines, too. Some of my other digis have the bold lines and I'm not especially happy about that. In fact, I just finished coloring one that I'll share next week. Anywho, I love the clouds and the hearts border, and your sponging, and just everything about this! Enjoy your 3 day weekend!

Ros Crawford said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love it! The image, the colouring the design... Pauline I tell 'ya I am swooning here!