Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 20, 2020

Be Mine

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  We had a major storm on Saturday for most of the day, so we didn't venture too far from the house, other than to shovel us out!

I actually made a few cards as well.  Slowly getting back at it. I have a few Valentine orders to do, so thought I best get tackling those. 

I'm using a die from Ink to Paper.  I love this background called On the Border - From the Heart frame die.
There are 3 pieces to this die - the main leafy flourish, the heart and then the leafy heart.




I cut the frame using white c/s, then cut another piece using the just the center heart, which was cut from gold shiny c/s, it is actually a brushed gold, really pretty in real. 

For the background I started with a piece of Bristol watercolour paper 140 lb, then sponged distress oxide spun sugar, worn lipstick and abandon coral.  I then spritzed with some water, the sprayed it with Sheer shimmer craft spray - sparkle, and also flicked on some gold.

I embossed the sentiment (Ink to Paper - Just sentiments- Valentines) using gold embossing powder onto some white c/s.  To cut the sentiment and the banner flag strip behind I used some dies from The Greetery.

Once everything was together I added some Nuvo crystal gems for some sparkle!

Thanks for stopping by,  have a happy day!

Pauline


4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so beautiful! No wonderful you get so many orders... your card is amazing! I love the blended colours and the die is gorgeous. I hope you are staying safe and warm. Have a beautiful week

Maria said...

Oh, so pretty!! Lovely color and ver6 pretty die cut! Most of the sow missed us and we do have those frigid temps. Stay warm and have a great week!

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous die set with so many useful parts! I love the flourishy vine, both for the background and around the heart. Beautiful blended background and perfectly matched to your card stock colors. A stunning Valentine! I'm not surprised you have Valentine orders. Your cards are always works of art!

Sue Lelli said...

THIS is Beautiful! I LOVE that lacey die! THX for leaving a comment on my blog!