Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Magnolia Sunshine

Happy New Year everyone! Did you stay up to ring in the new year?  Not I, I think I made it to 9pm, then that was it for me, as I am an early riser, usually up between 5 - 6 am on my days off, 5:30 for work days.

I thought I would pop in today to share I card I made for one of my card orders last year. 

I already had the image coloured for some time, it was sitting in my partially finished basket, so just had to come up with a layout.

The image is from Power Poppy - digital Magnolia Sunshine.


I used copics to colour, not sure of the colours as this one done some time ago.  I then used a SB oval die to cut it out.

The white frame is from PTI and the coloured layer underneath was some backgrounds I created.  The soft colours seem to work well with the image even though you can't see much of it.

To finish off I added some foam tape to pop the image above the frame, added some sequins, pearls and some silk ribbon.

I've been off on holidays since Dec 12th, and my intention was to make lots of cards for my stash, but needless to say I have not made one card.  I have a few days left before going back to work on the 6th, so I hope my creative juices start to flow.

I appreciate you stopping by, have yourself a wonderful day,

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I used to be an early riser as there was never enough time when I worked. I still love early mornings, but it doesn't always happen these days. Anyway... I know how hard it is to parse out your precious time, and it may not include stamping. I'm so glad you're sharing this beautiful card now, though. It's a WOW for sure! I wonder why I've never thought of a vertical orientation for this image? Love the pretty frame and the bow and your absolutely stellar coloring. Have a happy new year, Pauline. I hope it's a good one for you!

Ros Crawford said...

I can't stop staring at this card... Your flowers are so very beautiful! Love the colours, the design... In fact just everything!
As for being an early riser? Heck 5am is the middle of the night to me!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I like the warm colors, the framing is perfect. All of it is perfect Pauline. Well don't feel bad about not staying up. We did this year as we were playing cards with the boys. It was one of the BEST New Years Eve's in a long time. Hoping 2020 is a great year for you missy!