Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Summer sketches

Hello everyone.  Is anyone else struggling  to get back at card making after the Holidays?  Well I certainly am!  I haven't made anything since mid Dec, but my card today is one that I made for one of my orders.

I'm using The Greetery - Summer Sketches stamp and matching die.




I started by stamping  the outline of the floral stem in green ink on the card base. I then stamped the summer sketches and cut it out.  For the top piece of the center layer I cut a piece of  background paper I made using oxide sprays. I die cut it with the rectangle stitched die which lined up with the white piece.  I added a piece of gold peel off where the two meet.

Stamped Happy Birthday in a dark olive ink.  Added some rhinestones to finish off.

Have yourself a wonderful day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I've seen a lot of The Greetery stamps and cards, but I think this is the prettiest one yet. Love the simplicity of the stamp and the way you've designed the card for it. The stamping on the card base is just enough, too. Even though I've posted a few cards I'm still off to a slow start. At this point it's been a few days since I made a card, but I'm finding plenty of other things to do. The longer I stay away from my stamp room, the harder it is to get back into it. I'm happy to see any of the cards you haven't shared yet!

Ros Crawford said...

I often find the transition from Christmas cards to general cards really hard to make and lots of days I don't have any inclination to craft... Funny I always decide I want to when I know I have to be somewhere else!
Anyway... Your card is divine! I love the colours and your designs are always perfect. That stem is beautiful and I like the top panel you made... I first thought it was DP! Take care and enjoy your day!

Traci M said...

Pauline, I love your card!! It looks so simple and classy and you gave me a great idea for my winter sketches set! The Greetery is one of my favorites and I am always inspired by your take. Wishing you a blessed year ahead with fewer health issues. I also have RA and I know how much a flare can set you back!