Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 7, 2019

With Sympathy x2

I'm back today to share a couple more Sympathy cards that I created for my order.

My first card is using Altenew Dainty Bouquet. As this is a layering stamp, I used all 4 inks from the Altenew Rock collection for the stamping.

Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps - Moments of Grace stamped in black versafine.  I used a MFT die to cut this out, then layered onto some soft gray c/s then a white cardbase. Added a small white silk bow to finish off.




My second card was created using a die from Creative Expressions - Wild Rose Edger.  I started by added distress inks to white cardstock - Distress Oxide spun sugar, wild honey & tumbled glass. Using the wild rose edger I cut this from bazzill yellow c/s. The sentiment is from PTI - birds of a feather and was stamped using smokey gray versafine ink.

I added a gold peel off up the side of the yellow and then added a peel off holographic butterfly.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you a fabulous day.

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I simply can't get over how beautiful your sympathy card in grays is. You wouldn't think, but it's just gasp worthy. I've been really loving grays lately. So soft and pretty. Your second card has such a soft, gentle yellow and a gorgeous die. I'm always thinking you have the most beautiful die collection. I love the peel offs. I only have the skinny border strips, but they're very handy. Love everything about these two cards, Pauline, and it's a real nice way to start my evening blog visiting.

Ros Crawford said...

Your stamp layering is amazing and those soft colours are stunning on the first card. The second card is such a contrast and so beautiful... Loving the shaded background.

Stacy Morgan said...

That first sympathy card is gorgeous (if you can call a sympathy card that) with the gray hues... The second is lovely and another die that lends itself well to this type of card. Your order is sure getting full of beauties.