Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 4, 2019

Beautiful Flower 2

Hello!  I  hope everyone had a good weekend.  Today's card is show casing one of the flowers from the Simon Says Stamp - Beautiful Flowers 2 set.

I stamped the image in distress antique linen for a no-line image onto some Strathmore mixed media paper..  I started out by watercolouring using Daniel Smith watercolours ( I bought a couple of the watercolour palette from SSS - a Debby Hughes Palette and Shari Carroll Palette, so I could try these out, very inexpensive only a couple of bucks for each. Once coloured to where I was happy with it, I switched over to Polychromos pencils for some added detail.




Using an oval die, I cut out the flower, left the die in place and sponged inks around the edge.  This was then layered onto a scallop oval die cut from a soft coral/pink card stock.

Designer paper is from Mintay - Birdsong. The papers in this pad are all gorgeous.  So hard to pick what to use and even harder to even into them lol.  I layered some cheese cloth in behind the image, and also cut out a small butterfly from the piece that I trimmed off.

Added some silk ribbon and bow, added the butterfly and some clear crystal droplets on the leaves. In the center of the flower I added a little bit of my gold wink of stella pen.

Not sure what I will use this card for, but will probably put a Mother's Day verse inside and added to my sale basket at work.

I always appreciate your visit, wishing you a fabulous day!

Pauline

Supplies:
Stamp - SSS Beautiful Flowers 2
Papers - Mintay - birdsong,  Strathmore Mixed media paper, coral, white
Ink - Daniel Smith watercolours, Polychromoas pencils, distress - ripe persimmon, scattered straw and antique linen
Die - Spellbinder Oval & scallop oval
Misc - silk ribbon, cheese cloth, crystal droplets.

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness you have coloured this to perfection!! It's stunning Pauline and lovely DP too!

Leslie Miller said...

Gasp! Such an incredibly beautiful no-line watercolored image! I'm always afraid to add pencil detail to other coloring for fear I'll ruin it, but whatever you did to this flower is truly swoon-worthy. Really love the delicate cheesecloth with this, and you know how I love the Mintay paper. So sweet how you cut out and added the little butterfly. I keep wanting to try some Daniel Smith. The samplers are a good deal! Bought Antique Linen, but it's too juicy to use, makes a mess of the stamping. Go figure. What a gorgeously inspiring card, Pauline!!

CherylQuilts said...

Gasp is right, Pauline! This is absolutely beautiful and so inspiring! I love all the amazing details in your flower and love how you've used the colored pencils. I agree with Leslie that it's a bit scary, but I need to try this myself. I love the way you finished this card with the sponging, the soft scallops, the fab-fabulous DP, and of course the sweet, wee bow. Love that darling wee butterfly too! So amazing, and you are so amazing too! Hugs! xoxo

Tracy said...

So beautiful. You have the perfect hand to add the detail with the pencils to the watercoloring. Cheesecloth is a nice delicate addition to fulfill the soft nature of your card. Love it!

Stacy Morgan said...

I would say buy some more as this is gorgeous. Your water coloring is fabulous. The oval frame is perfect as the designer paper behind is a wonderful touch. Gorgeous!