Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 25, 2019

All the best

Just working on some cards for my sale basket at work.  There are always people changing roles or leaving, so thought I would add a couple of these types of cards.

For my card today, I'm using MFT - Painted Flowers & Mini Modern Blooms. I started by die cutting the bottom edge of the white with Simon Says Stamps - corbel curved border.  I then layered this onto a piece of light green/turquoise gingham from MFT - Homespun Gingham



I die cut all the flowers and leaves from cougar white c/s.  I then stamped them using  all Papertrey Ink inks - Green Parakeet, Mint Julep, Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Enchanted Evening.

I arranged the flowers and leaves  then laid a piece of press n' seal over top to pick up my layout. I then stamped the sentiment in black versafine ink - PTI - Water cooler talk using my Misti. Added some silk ribbon and bow across the top, then adhered this to my card base.

I then laid the press n' seal back over the front of the card where I wanted the flowers to be then slowly peeled it off.  Most stayed in place, from there I added adhesive to the backs of the flowers and leaves and some of the flowers I added some pop dots to give it some dimension. I also added a small flower at the bottom right of the card.  Finished off with wink of stella pen on the flowers and some clear sequins.

The colours are so pretty in real.  Well that's it for me for today. Thanks for visiting. Have yourself a fabulous day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Those flowers are so cute, and I love the colors, the gingham the curved die. It's such a cheerful, pretty card! I love seeing what you've got in your collection. It always seems so fresh and new. I need to shop. In fact, I won something, and there's new Power Poppy coming soon. You know I have to have all the new Power Poppy... but I digress. It's always a special treat when you post, Pauline, and I really love your card today!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is darling! I like the fresh springy colors and the sketch (I need to case this) and the flowers make for a pocket of spring. Happy card that anyone at your work would love.

Tracy said...

The colors really are pretty. I bought a box of the press and seal a couple months back just for stamping but haven't broke it open yet. That curved edge die really adds a great element to your card.