Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Luck of the Irish

I meant to post this yesterday, but it's been a difficult few days at work as our company is going through another re-org with job cuts  and our dept was among the ones to be cut.  But thankfully me and  the folks in my group all still have their jobs. There was just over 100 job cuts company wide within 4 depts.  It was such a stressful day, I was totally exhausted by the time I got home, hence no post.



In my last order I did for a friend she asked for a St. Patrick's day card.  I don't have much in this line, but I was able to find a  12 x 12 piece of designer paper by Authentique at the stamp store in London. One side is patterned the other side is made up of 12 cards to cut out and use.  Easy peasy right?

I cut out the card topper I wanted, layered it onto a piece of kraft cardstock.  I cut a flourish from dark green c/s using a die from Marianne.  Designer paper is some scraps from my bin.  I also added a peel off gold chain strip above the plaid paper.  For the sentiment (PTI), it is stamped in black versafine.  and then cut out using a Spellbinder label die.

I added some sequins to finish off along with some gold glitter to the buckle on the top hat, and a bit of glitter to the insides of the clover flowers.

Thanks for your visit, enjoy your day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, it's cute, Pauline! What a beautiful image! Yes, it sounds easy, but I could probably make it take forever. The gold glitter looks fabulous on the buckle, and I love the peel off chain and die cut leaf flourish. That's a nerve wracking, stressful day at work, for sure. 100 jobs?! Wow. A while before I retired the medical center terminated one or two people from most every department. First time ever in the 31 years I worked there. It was a black day. My department (lab) was spared. I'm glad you still have your job.

Ros Crawford said...

Well first off I am so glad that you kept your job... Though it would be nice to retire with a lottery win huh? Lol! Your card is amazing and you paired everything so beautifully. The touches of gold look wonderful!

Stacy Morgan said...

That has to be very stressful for everyone and hard. Thankful you are not in the listing that has to go, but hard either way as you see friends go. I can imagine the stress you are under. Hopefully this week will be a little better. Your lucky card is adorable. Great idea using the paper and cutting out portions and gives me an idea with some I have. The flourished sprigs is a favorite of mine. Darling!

Tracy said...

Well that card couldn't be any more Irish. LOL The topper is beautiful and you added so many great extras to dress it up.