Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 11, 2019

Just because

Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a good weekend.  Starting to feel more like spring time around here.  Yesterday it rained and very windy but temperatures were just above freezing.  This week is it is supposed to be between 4-7 C with thursday being 16C with rain, but then dropping after that. But each day is closer to warmer weather!

I've been asked for 'just because' cards, so this is what I am sharing with you today.



I pulled out my Stamping Bella - Mason jar of flowers stamp, stamped it using black memento onto some white cougar 100 lb c/s, then coloured using Polychromos pencils & gamsol. I already had the lattice die cut sitting on my table, so wanted to incorporate that onto my card.  The mason jar just fit perfectly inside one of my SB oval dies.

Designer paper was too pretty to only use a piece of so I decided to make this my main backdrop, then adhered it to a white card base. I added lots of sparkle by using by quickie glue pen and TH distress rock glitter.  The sentiment comes with the stamp set, stamped using black versafine, then used a MFT banner end die. I added some foam tape to raise it off the card.

Finished off with some sequins.   As always, I appreciate your visit, and any comments you might have.  Have yourself a wonderful day!

Pauline

Supplies:
Stamp - Stamping Bella - mason jar of flowers
Ink - Polychromos pencils, black memento, black versafine
Paper - white cougar,  Patck Trzynastego - Love in Bloom - Marta Pickarcyk ( I purchased this from Frantic Stamper along with 2 other paper packs :) )
Misc - seqines, TH distress rock glitter, quickie glue pen, foam tape
Die - Creative Expressions - Portuguese Collection - Lisbon,  Spellbinders Oval die

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's so so beautiful!! I love the DP with your gorgeous jar of flowers Pauline. Beautifully coloured!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so happy to see you color up one of your Bellas, Pauline, and, ohhhh, this is so pretty! They have lots of gorgeous stamps other than critters and people. I had no Bellas until a friend sent me a bunch of them (a BUNCH) and I find they're rather addictive. I also love the double ended banner and the lattice die and the PAPER! You know how I am. I'll have to look this up, as if I need more paper, but flowers on wood -- my favorite! What a lovely way to top off my morning. Now I'm off to start an afternoon of busy stuff. Thank you, Pauline!

Stacy Morgan said...

Spring time not hitting us quite yet as we have snow still. But it is trying to melt which would be good as baseball inside practicing isn't quite the same. Anyways... This is darling. You have a knack at using designer paper like Leslie and this is perfect. Great coloring on the flowers and beautiful card.