Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Starry Flowers

I had this post scheduled to post this morning at 5am, came home from work and did not post. Grrrrr...... so here it is now.

Can you believe this is the end of January already?  These last 2 weeks have been so bitterly cold, I just keep saying to myself as we approach each day - "another day closer to spring"!  Yesterday was -38C (-36F) with the wind chill and today isn't much better.  You can't even stay outside it's that cold. Monday is suppose to be a high of 8C (45F)  - what strange weather we are having! I don't know how the littler birds stay warm and alive being so cold.  I keep lots of feed in the feeders to give them fuel for warmth.

Over the Christmas holidays, I took some time to de-clutter my stamp room.  In doing so I found a lot of stuff to either ditch or to hang on to and use.  I came across some background papers that I had made using distress inks, so decided use a piece of it for my card today.

I really didn't know what I was going to do, use it as a background or stamp on it.  I decided to pull out my Altenew Starry Flower stamp set and stamp one of the flowers.  Since this is a outline flower I felt it worked best in showcasing the colours.




I don't even know what colours of distress ink I used as this was made sometime ago. After stamping the flower I used the matching die cut to cut it out.  I also had the lacey die cut underneath the flower already cut out as well, just waiting to be used someday.  

I cut a piece of shimmer purple c/s using an MFT scallop die then layered the white lacey die from PTI - Mix & Mat Scallop Dies.  I adhered the starry flower on top and added a small bow made of silver thread on the steam.  I hemmed and hawed whether to add a sentiment, so as you can see I decided to go with one.  I stamped the PTI - thinking of you sentiment using black versafine.  I then lined up where I wanted it to go and used just the scallop border piece of the die to cut the edges.  I added some foam tape behind to adhere to the card and added a small wooded butterfly to the corner.

Using my wink of stella I added lots of clear sparkle to the floral piece as well as the little butterfly.

This was a quick card indeed!

I appreciate your visit today, enjoy the rest of your day! Stay safe and keep warm!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

How pretty! I can hardly bear how quick and easy it was, considering you already had the background made and the die cut. There's just something about a quick card that makes you love it all the more because you aren't exhausted at the end of it. What a nice use of the background and it looks as pretty as any coloring would. This really is a sweet flower stamp and I absolutely love the lacy die cut. Oh, Pauline, I just got done watching the news. People are freezing to death! It was sunny and warm here today, but rain starts again tomorrow.

Ros Crawford said...

I can't even begin to imagine those temperatures... I do hope it warms up for you... Your card is gorgeous! I love the pretty colours on the flowers and perfectly paired with the BG... lovely design too. Stay warm!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is beautiful and so soft. The watercoloring is what makes this so soft . Beautiful framing with the lave like background and the ribbon looks so dainty on the flower end. Beautiful!