Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 21, 2019

You totally Rock!!

Hello and Happy Monday to all!  I hope you had a good weekend.  We had a very cold and wintery weekend, about a foot of snow and very cold temperatures  - a high of -4F or -22 C.

I almost feel like I should be sharing a Christmas card with you based on the weather, but since I don't have any made up yet for this year, I will share another Valentine card using another Power Poppy digital image from the Va Va Valentine images.

This one I call You Totally Rock.




I started by resizing the image and then colouring using Polychromos pencils and gamsol.  (Leslie, to answer your question whether or not I use gamsol with the Polychromos  - yes I do use gamsol with these. They blend so well, I just love them).

I wasn't sure where I was going with this layout, as  you can see I have a couple of different die cuts cut. I was just going to layer the image onto the black heart circle, but wanted to incorporate some red as well, so ended up using both die cuts.

I added some black gingham ribbon across the top as well as some die cut hears.  The center of the larger heart in the image, I added some red glitter for that bit of added sparkle.

Supplies:
Image - Power Poppy digital - Va Va Valentine
Ink - printer, polychromos pencils and gamsol
Paper - MME - Lucky in Love & Cosmo Cricket - Head over heal, black, white cougar 100 lb
Dies - MFT - square pierced frame, Spellbinders - heart circle & circle die, Verve - heart dies
Misc - gingham ribbon, red glitter, quickie glue pen for the glitter

Thank you for stopping by, see you soon. Have a great day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! That's cold my friend! But your card makes me feel very warm... Loving the bright and happy colours and so beautifully done!

Leslie Miller said...

You totally rock with this totally cute Valentine, Pauline! I love how you used your die cuts to make this such a fun and interesting card design, which goes perfectly with the image. Also love how you incorporated the ribbon into your design with the little hearts in place of a bow. I simply must use more of my ribbon! Thanks for mentioning the Gamsol. Inquiring minds want to know. I see you listed it on your rose card, which is so gorgeous. It's a happy day when I see one of your posts! Stay safe and stay warm when you can, Pauline. Brrrrrr!

crazy4scrappin said...

Love your card Pauline! Everything about it makes me smile.

Stacy Morgan said...

What... you can work on Christmas cards all year regardless of weather. hee hee Valentine is good too. :-) This is darling, the heart die shape behind the radio is awesome. Very cute and great valentine.

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, you totally ROCKED this one! I love it and love your colors and layout!! Hugs and love! xoxo