Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Smile today

Hello everyone.   I'm back today to share another card made with some Altenew stamps. I just love the layering stamps and this particular set was very easy to stamp the layers.

This set is called Sweet Rose Bouquet - which is the same stamp set I used on this card, except this time I used the individual stamps rather than the branch.


After stamping and die cutting the roses, I pulled out my Joy Craft square frame cut it out and then used a Memory Box stencil and sponged some light green ink for a bit of background on the center.
I then placed my roses to where I wanted them and then stamped the sentiment using black versafine.

I then adhered the roses - some adhering flat and some using pop dots.  I added a silk bow in the corner and some glittery rhinestones in the corner of the die cut, as well as wink of stella clear pen for the flowers.

I hope I inspired you in some way today.  Thanks for your visit.  Have a wonderful day.

Supplies:
Stamp - Altenew - Sweet Rose Bouquet, Penny Black - smile today
Ink - Altenew - rose petal, green fields & tropical forest ink sets, black versafine
Paper - white cougar, Prima - firefly collection
Die - Joy craft - square frame - cutting & embossing
Misc - silk ribbon, rhintestones, wink of stella clear pen.

Pauline

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful bouquet and a gorgeous card... You really are good with those layer stamps Pauline!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, this is one of my favorite dies and it looks so pretty on the delicate paper which, BTW, is a perfect back up for your gorgeous flowers. You did the layering so beautifully. Really with so few colors? Love the stenciling in the center and the beautiful bow tucked in. Wow! I have to click and look some more, sigh...

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I like that it has a matching die set to go with it for layering. I have issues with layering flowers, you however do not. The die frame underneath is wonderful. Beautiful card.

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Pauline, this is gorgeous! This layered floral set is fabulous, and you've done a stunning job with the colors. What a perfect piece of DP to put under the decorative and gorgeous die! I also love the soft stenciling on it. You know just how to layered the flowers and leaves, and the ribbon is perfection (as always...love your sweet bows that are just small enough to add so much more charm). I love it all, my friend! Warm hugs, and I hope you and Bill are fine after that horrible weather that swept through your area. xoxo