Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Mandy's flower

First of all I have some sad news to share for those that live in my surrounding area.  Our local stamping store 'THE PAPER PICKLE', is closing it's doors on Feb 23, 2019 after 15 wonderful years. I'm sure I can vouch for most of the stampers/scrapbookers that would visit Kims' store, it will be surely missed. So many great memories, lots of laugh and even tears.  I've made some great friends through teaching here, and hopefully our paths will continue to cross at some point. Wishing Kim all the best for whatever the future holds!

For my card, I'm back today to share another card from the Simon Says - Mandy's flower set with you.  Remember this card I posted a few weeks ago, well I had a couple of this image stamped out, so when I received my new Polychromos pencils (which I was just dying to try them out), I coloured up this image. again.



After colouring, I fussy cut it out and then layered it onto a piece of pink cardstock which was cut from a Flourishes die - Victorian oval template.

I stamped the sentiment onto some white c/s, cut fish tale ends and then added some fun foam and popped it up. Added clear wink of stella to the rose and leaves and then a few clear sequins to finish off.

Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:
Stamp - Simon Says - Mandy's flowers, PTI - sentiment from Painted Florals
Die - Flourishes - victorian oval template
Ink - black versafine, faber-castell polychromos pencils & gamsol
paper - Memory Box, pink, SU cranberry crisp
misc - sequins, wink of stella clear pen

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Noooooooooooo! The store is closing? It was a sad, sad day, indeed, when our one and only local paper craft store closed. Maybe you have more in your area, but we're a small town. Online shopping is just not the same. Well, this is simply beautiful, Pauline! I remember your other card, but peeked for a reminder as to the coloring medium. Gosh, these pencils and you were meant to be. I've always marveled at how good you are with the Prismas (I struggle), and now the Polychromos. Wow! Gorgeous paper and colors. A very sweet and pretty birthday wish!

Stacy Morgan said...

I am sorry to hear the lcs is closing that has to be hard. :-( This card is very pretty. A great single rose image and coloring that is awesome. The paper is like it is showering petals onto it, very pretty.

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry about your store closing... We don't have much in the way of craft stores here... on a better note your card is lovely... you coloured that rose so beautifully and the paper is just a perfect backdrop!