Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 7, 2019

Glorious Bouquet


Hello everyone and Happy New Year (since this is my first post for the new year).  Hope everyone had enjoyed the holiday. Well it's back to work for me today, after having 2 weeks off :(.

I had some time off during the holidays, so spent it making cards and doing day trips  for the opportunity of some bird photography.  I also did a lot of re-organizing of my stamping supplies (dies, papers, stamps - lots of stamps - stamps I haven't used in a long time) and gave to a friend who I know would use it.  It's always good to de-clutter once in a while!

My card today is one that I did before the holidays.  I saw a similar card like this at our local stamp store Paper Pickle, and fell in love with it.



I stamped Tim Holtz Glorious Bouquet using distress ink tattered rose onto some cream cardstock. For the black border I stamped one of the borders from Tim Holtz Ornate Trims using black versafine.  I then stamped a butterfly in black as well.

For the leaf I used this shiny dark grey/black paper and cut out the leaf - Memory Box - Large Olive branch.  Adhered it to the card and added a small rose silk bow. 

I then layered this onto a piece of cream shimmer and then onto my card base which I believe is like a rose shimmer c/s.

A very quick card indeed!

Thanks for your visit today, I have 7 cards to share with you in future posts! Have a wonderful day.

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, this is an amazing design! The Glorious Bouquet stamped in the background is, indeed, glorious, and so wonderfully simple just adding the die cut, butterfly, and border. You always match up your ribbon just right, too. You used your vacation well with stamping, birding, and decluttering. Seven cards, you say? I can't wait! Happy new year!

Traci M said...

This is such an artistic card...I love those two colors on Cream cardstock. I also have lots of large florals so appreciate a new design idea! Thanks so much for sharing and wishing you a wonderful New year!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful. That black is striking against the soft colors. A beautiful CAS design even if it wasn't super easy. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas also and Happy New Year!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so soft and beautiful! Your stamping is fabulous and the little ribbon, just perfect!

Tracy said...

It is quite striking. The soft pink paired with the black really grabs your eye.