Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Sending Birthday wishes

Good morning everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Today, I'm sharing a Birthday card I made  - my stash has been depleted, so I need to replenish.  Since it's my Birthday today, what better way to do a post to show you one of my latest creations.


Image and papers are from Simon Says Stamps - I believe this was one of the Simon Says Card kits.
I coloured the image using copics, then fussy cut it. The layer behind the image is from Papertrey Ink - Shape Shifters - Circle #1.  I left some of the 'v's in place while removing others.  I layered a piece of paper I received in the kit behind the circle. 

For the sentiment I cut Simon Says 'sending' die from black cardstock 3x and layered them together.
I then used Simon Says Stamptember Tiny words 'happy birthday', stamped on white c/s with black versafine. I trimmed the sentiment down to fit under the 'sending'.

Popped the flower up with foam tape, used my wink of stella clear pen for some shimmer on the flowers then added sequins. I also add a small bow on the stem of the flower using some twine.

Well that's it for me for today. Wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Pauline! Happy day after Christmas AND happy birthday! How nice it is to open my Feedly and see your card today. So lovely, and a sweetly refreshing change from winter and Christmas cards. I love the dies you used, and the coloring on the rose is gorgeous. I'm enjoying that pretty Stella sparkle which shows up so beautifully in the close up click. I need to get back into the swing of stamping. Looking forward to everything you'll be sharing in 2019. Happy soon-to-be new year!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the colours and the design is wonderful!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! What a cool background die. Very pretty colors too.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! That rose is beautiful and the soft coloring is perfect. Depleted birthday cards... sheessshhh.. I can't remember when mine was built up last. EEK... A goal of mine this year too. :-)