Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, December 14, 2018

Holiday Greetings

Hi folks! Hope you had a good week. I have a 4 day weekend, then work for 4 days next week, then off for the holidays until Jan 7th, so looking forward to some time off.

Well I finally finished up my Christmas cards, and mailed the last few today. My plan is (like it is every year, but sometimes I don't follow through) is to continue making Christmas cards to get a jump start on next years cards. But up next on my list are a few birthday cards that I need for next week.

Today's cards I absolutely love.  They are so simple to make, I ended up doing 5 red and 3 blue ones.
Stamp is from IO - no name on the package. This image is right up my alley with the cardinals and blue jays.

I started with white c/s  4 1/8 x 4 1/8 and stamped the image using black versafine. I then cut a white frame using MFT stitched square frame. After colouring the birds with copics, I added TH distress rock glitter to the snow areas - ground, window ledge, watering can. I embossed the sentiments  (Simon Says -Tiny words Christmas) using white ep on black c/s, then trimmed and adhered behind the frame. I then added some foam tape behind the frame to pop it up off the image.
Designer paper for the red card is Carta Bella, the blue dp is some scraps I had.


 

To finished off I coloured some white cardstock using G40 then cut out some holly leaves - Die from Jeanine's art - Find it Trading - frosty ornaments. I then added some YG67 for some shading.  I adhered them to the cards and added an enamel dot.

 Wishing you a great weekend whatever you are up to.  Bill and I are celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary tomorrow - where did the years go! Take care, see you back here soon,

Pauline


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, these cards couldn't be more perfect with just that touch of color on the birds and the rest black and white with beautiful, glittery snow. I've always thought how Stellar's Blue Jays and Cardinals look like the same bird, but different colors. What a lovely stamp and, yes, so you! I'm excited that you're close to having a nice holiday break! I remember those days and thank my lucky stars!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy happy happy anniversary!!! Oh my these cards are stunning Pauline... I keep looking at them... The little birds are perfect against the black and white and the scene is just so very peaceful. Enjoy your time off and have fun!

Tracy said...

Happy belated anniversary! We'll celebrate 33 on the 28th. The cards are fantastic. Just adding color to the birds is so striking.

Leslie said...

These are beautiful Pauline! I love the simpleness of the images stamped in black/gray and the only pop of colour being the birds. Stunning! Wishing you a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2019.