Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Under the Christmas tree x 3

Hello everyone.  I finally finished the last of my Christmas card orders for this year.  Now I just need to go through to see if I have enough for me to send out.  Funny thing is this year, I have not received one Christmas card, and I'm beginning to wonder if people are hesitant because of the Canada Post strike, which the government has ruled them back to work.  It could take anywhere from a week to month to get anything in the mail.  They are even saying parcels within Canada could not be delivered until sometime in January! I can hand deliver most of mine, so just might do that, and the ones I need to mail hopefully they will get them before Christmas.

Most of my card orders this year were based off of cards I made last Christmas or previous ( so I didn't bother to take pictures to share as I already posted them previously).  My co-worker wanted 3 cards with this same image, so I just changed up the papers.  The image I'm using is from Lily of the Valley stamps - called Under the Christmas Tree.

If you notice different lighting and tones in my pictures it's because I'm learning a new program on a new computer.  This will take some time to learn it all, so just bear with me!  I think the first card is brighter than the other 2, which I just noticed - hmmmmm.

I used scraps of papers from my scrap bin for these cards.  Papers are from MME, Basic Grey, and some odds that I don't know as the name was cut off the end.  I did stitching around all the layers, and popped up the image layer.






To finish these off, I used TH distress glitter for the tree and snow area, and added some glossy accents to the red bulbs on the tree.  The trees are really sparkly.

Now I'm off to make a birthday card that I need to get in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting today, have a wonderful day!

Pauline


2 comments:

Tracy said...

They're fantastic! Look at all that gorgeous layering and those bows...so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

This image warms my heart and has me smiling this morning. I can see why your coworker wanted three of them. It's like eye candy seeing them with different colors and designer papers. Love the stitching and big, beautiful bows. I really hope all is back to normal with the postal service soon. I mailed a Christmas card to Canada at the end of November and then mailed a birthday card this month to that same person. She'll probably get them both at once sometime in January.