Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Holly Frame

Hello friends.  I have another card to share with you today.  I needed another card in a pinch, so whipped this up on Saturday morning.




The die is from AliExpress.  The sentiment is from Penny Black and embossed in gold and then layered onto a piece of gold mirror paper.  I added some foam tape behind to lift it off the frame.  Designer paper in behind is some old papers from Basic Grey.

 I don't think you can see in the picture, but I cut an extra frame and snipped off some of the holly leaves and popped them up over the existing frame.  I added some wink of stella clear pen to the popped up leaves.

To finish off, I used Memory Box poinsettia dies and gold mirror paper to create the floral in the corner.

I can see me making more of these for next year!

Thanks for stopping by today and warmest wishes for the Holiday's.

Pauline

4 comments:

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.

Leslie Miller said...

I've had my eye on a die like this, but I think it was Memory Box. You have the perfect sentiment to fill the frame, and the paper behind it is perfect. Not too busy. Just right! Love the gold to bring out the holiday festivity. Most things I make end up too complex. Even the simple things take forever to design, sigh. This is just lovely, Pauline. I hope you'll have time to enjoy the rest of the holiday season. So much activity here. Merry Christmas!

Tracy said...

Very classy. The holly background die carries the holiday theme through perfectly. Can always count on you for something stylish.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so elegant and beautiful Pauline... Love the design!
Have an amazing Christmas!