Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, December 3, 2018

The Spirit of Christmas

Good morning! Well it's just over 3 weeks until Christmas, how are you Christmas cards coming along?  I have 5 more cards for an order then I need to get some done for myself to pop in the mail. There is just not enough time in a day!

Today's card features another image from Carta Bella Journaling cards.  I fell in love with this image of the deer immediately, that is basically what sold me on the paper.  I went back to get a few more sheets of this, and unfortunately the Paper Pickle was all sold out.  (Big sigh!!).



I used Spellbinders Triple Floral die to frame the deer.  I used a rosy gold shimmer card stock for this, and I also layered a piece of the same behind the image.

Designer paper (dark brown) is by Bo-Bunny.  I traced the swirls with my wink of stella clear pen for a bit of shimmer.  I added a small gold bow using some gold thread - I think it's just the right amount of 'extra bling' for my card.  I also dotted some of the snow flakes with the wink of stella as well.

For the sentiment I used Simon Says Tiny words Christmas.  This is such a nice set, the sentiments are all small fonts which is nice to have.  I embossed it in gold then added some foam tape behind to pop it up.

Another quick card indeed!

Thanks for your visit today, have a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I just shake my head in awe and wonder. I'm looking at the colors in the deer and thinking how beautifully you enhanced it with your color choice for mat and frame. And a lovely, delicate frame it is! Love the sweet little gold bow and the gold-embossed sentiment. The Stella shimmer is a nice touch on the paper. All so quietly, sweetly, beautifully elegant!

Ros Crawford said...

Isn't he just gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job of matching papers to make this one beautiful card Pauline.

Tracy said...

Oh I would have fallen in love with that sweet deer paper too. You've done such a beautiful job making it the spotlight on your card. The little bow is so sweet.